07 Jul Basic Paddle Board Equipment- Charleston, SC
Paddle Board Fun in Folly Beach
With summer in full swing, you’re no doubt wondering how to fully embrace Charleston’s beautiful beaches and waterways. Whether you live here year-round and want a fun, exciting activity to spice up your summer, or you’re visiting Charleston and want to take advantage of how close we are to the ocean, Folly Beach Stand-Up Paddleboarding and Surf is looking forward to providing you with fun, basic paddle board equipment and instruction in safe paddleboarding! We offer paddleboarding tours, rentals, and lessons, all safe and enjoyable for your whole family, friend group, bachelor/bachelorette party, or church group.
We want to give you everything you need to be prepared for your tour, rental, or paddle board lesson.
Basic Paddle Board Equipment Includes:
- Board: Your paddleboard will be specifically tailored to you depending on your weight, skill, use, and local weather and water conditions.
- Paddle: You should receive a paddle that is roughly 6 to 8 inches taller than you.
- Leash: A leash should be attached to your paddleboard and secured to your leg. This piece of equipment is typically just a precaution in case you fall off your board.
- Sunscreen: With Charleston’s UV Index reaching extreme levels in the summer, it’s essential to protect your skin with some sunblock, especially if you’re going to be out on the water.
- Appropriate Clothes: Whether you want to wear a full wetsuit or just your bathing suit, you need to wear something you can move around in and that you wouldn’t mind getting wet. Additionally, proper footwear is important. You’ll want to wear either water shoes or flip flops.
- PFD (Personal Floatation Device): The U.S. Coast Guard requires that you wear a PFD on a paddleboard. It also would be a good idea to have a safety whistle or light if you are out on the water after sunset.
- Safety Instruction: Our instructors are internationally certified
At Folly Beach SUP & Surf in Charleston, SC, we are excited to provide you with a fun, memorable experience on our stand-up paddleboards. Now that you know all the basics, sign up for a tour, reserve a lesson, or rent a paddleboard today!